Friday, September 13, 2013

Week 3: J-Horror


This week we covered J-Horror witch is a pretty deep genre with a lot of content, since it’s a whole countries. Anyway I’ve seen bits and pieces of J-Horror movies, Battle Royal, and the Auditions. I remember having to leave the room during the dismemberment scenes of that movie. I can’t stomach any thing like that. It was so prolonged, and everything it was just…ew I couldn’t do it.
            For reading though I listened to the audio book for “A Wild Sheep Chase” is my second Haruki Murakami novel. I really like something about his work, it’s a lot of dialogue but it’s good dialogue something just really engaging about it. Interestingly the audio books for his novel “Sputnik Sweetheart” both have the same reader and he was quite good. As far as the novel goes it was good. They’re a little slow, and I don’t think there were many American Horror elements to it. It follows more closely to the Japan threads switch I’m not use to. That said, its still a very interesting novel. The events that happen are much more like a thriller then a horror novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment